The perfect summer time activity to do with your kiddos! Learn how to make ice cream at home.
- 1 cup half & half, whipping cream OR milk
- 3 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (or other flavorings of your choice)
- 4 cups of ice
- Ziploc bags – freezer sized and sandwich
- 8 tablespoons of salt
- Optional: sprinkles, extra flavoring, whipped cream, syrup toppings, etc.!
- Grab your sandwich bag and add your half & half, sugar and vanilla. Now mix!
- In your freezer sized bag, add ice and salt.
- Now, place your sealed sandwich bag inside of your freezer sized bag. Seal it up and shake for 5 – 10 minutes. This is the perfect opportunity to have your kiddos display their dance moves which shaking up the mixture!
- Once the mixture is shaken well, open up your bags and your ice cream is ready! Top it off with yummy treats!
How does this work? Well… the answer is SCIENCE!
The salt that is added to the bag reduces the freezing temperature of the ice! That allows it to turn the milk/half & half mixture into ice cream!